USCIS and Consulates Suspend Services Due to COVID-19
UPDATE: Late in the day Tuesday, March 17th, 2020, USCIS announced that it has suspended all in-person services until at least April 1 to help slow the spread of COVID-19. USCIS confirmed that staff will continue to perform duties that do not involve contact with the public, which for now, includes services provided at its regional service centers (including but not limited to nonimmigrant filings including H-1B’s, TN’s, L-1B’s, O-1’s, EAD’s and immigrant petitions, including I-140’s and I-130’s) Additionally, USCIS will provide emergency services for limited situations.
* * *
We are starting to see USCIS offices and Consulates suspend services due to COVID-19. Because local USCIS offices act independently, there are currently different policies nationally. We will continue to update clients as USCIS announces ongoing closures, so please check back frequently. As of Tuesday, March 17th, we know of the following closures:
- Late in the day Tuesday, March 17th, 2020, USCIS announced that it has suspended all in-person services until at least April 1.
- Application Support Center (ASC) will be closed and fingerprint appointments will be canceled through April 1st. USCIS will automatically reschedule ASC appointments.
- Individuals with InfoPass appointments must reschedule through USCIS Contact Center.
- Beginning Wednesday, March 18th, all in-person interviews are canceled through April 1st and will be rescheduled.
- USCIS Asylum offices will send interview cancellation notices and automatically reschedule asylum interviews.
USCIS is posting updates on this special website.
- Beginning Monday, March 16th, Mission India has suspended visa processing due to COVID-19: https://in.usembassy.gov/alert-cancelling-of-immigrant-and-nonimmigrant-visa-appointments/
- Beginning Wednesday, March 18th, Mexico will suspend all NIV and IV interviews.
Murray Osorio PLLC will continue to forward any updates as soon as we get them. Please reach out to us if you have questions or concerns.