Brian Murray is the original founding partner of Murray Osorio PLLC. Brian is a tireless advocate for individuals in immigration proceedings, with particular focus and experience in complex waiver issues and legal challenges to charges and prospective charges of inadmissibility or removability including the immigration consequences of criminal convictions (“crimmigration”). He is looked to as an authority by criminal defense counsel and their clients in the DC area and across the country, to provide immigration counsel and immigration-safe disposition options in criminal proceedings.
Brian has represented a range of individuals with various backgrounds, complications, and needs. He has represented former heads of state, prominent diplomats from a range of countries, multinational executives, and others with seemingly intractable immigration problems including denial of immigrant and non-immigrant visas, waivers, problems at the port of entry, customs issues including seizures, and removal defense.
Brian has been frequently honored for his skill and contributions to the field as an immigration lawyer including being listed as a Rising Star in immigration law by SuperLawyers Magazine for Virginia and D.C. since 2016.
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Fourth Circuit, U.S. Court of Appeals
- Fifth Circuit, U.S Court of Appeals
- Eastern District of Virginia, U.S. District Court
Brian is a frequent speaker at Continuing Legal Education seminars, especially for the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA), on topics such as criminal grounds of inadmissibility and removability and waivers of those grounds. Brian has spoken at immigration law conferences in Germany, Belgium, Hong Kong, Austria, Vietnam, South Africa, and India. Selected speaking engagements include:
- “Executing Immigration: A Look at Trump’s Executive Orders,” Immigration Law Association at George Washington University Law School
- “Preparing for an Individual Calendar Hearing,” AILA Annual Conference
- “The Wonderful World of Waivers,” AILA Rome
- “Waiver Updates,” AILA Rome
- “Do I Need a Waiver?” AILA Rome
- “Immigration Consequences of Criminal Activity,” AILA DC
- “Criminal Grounds of Inadmissibility,” AILA Bangkok
- Various public information sessions on Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals
Brian is a proud University of Georgia alumnus and a football season-ticket holder for more than 10 years. He enjoys traveling, trying new food, and outdoor adventures with his wife and three children like backpacking and skiing.