At Murray Osorio PLLC, our team of experienced immigration lawyers is driven by our passion for delivering personalized legal services that are tailored to help clients pursue their unique immigration goals. Our law firm has a stellar reputation among not just our clients, but the courts and immigration offices we serve as well. Whether our clients need help bringing their families to the U.S. from across the world or need to obtain asylum to escape persecution, we make it our top priority to provide compassionate and reliable representation at each phase of the legal process.
Call or stop by our law office in Silver Spring today if you need help with any of the following complicated immigration matters:
- Family-Based Immigration: Although it can be a lengthy process to sponsor a family member to come to visit or live in the United States, many spouses, parents, children, and siblings of U.S. citizens and legal permanent residents have a pathway to a green card. If your family member is in the United States or abroad, then contact us today. Our immigration team has worked with USCIS offices nationwide and at consulates all over the world. We are familiar with the nuances of this area to guide your case smoothly.
- Employment-Based Permanent Residence: Our firm assists companies and workers with labor certification and permanent residence processes. There are different pathways that workers and companies can use to obtain permanent residence, including petitioning for immigrants with extraordinary ability; outstanding professors and researchers; multinational managers and executives; professionals with advanced degrees; skilled and unskilled workers; investors; and ministers of religion.
- Asylum & Humanitarian Cases:
Our legal team features seasoned immigration practitioners from around the world, so we know firsthand the difficult journey and courage it takes to seek asylum protection. Immigrants who have a legitimate fear of persecution in their home country can petition for asylum in the U.S. Victims of crimes, domestic violence, or trafficking may be eligible for VAWA, a U-visa, or T-visa. We know the stakes are high, and we will fight hard to ensure your entire story is told.
- Business Immigration: Companies and professionals often need to enter the United States for a project, to manage a company, or for an event. We assist companies with H-1B visas for their professional workers and with L-1 visas to transfer personnel to the U.S. We help immigrants who want to start or invest in U.S.-based businesses to receive E-2 visas. For people with outstanding ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics, our firm is able to obtain O-1 visas. With such a variety of options, our firm is able to help clients understand and navigate the best path to the U.S.
- Citizenship: Becoming a citizen is one of the most important choices a family can make. Whether this is achieved through naturalization, by deriving citizenship from birth, or acquiring citizenship through a parent, we understand the complex laws governing eligibility. We zealously represent each claim and ensure that our legal advice is thorough and comprehensive.
- Deportation Defense: In our immigration system, the likelihood of success depends just as much on navigating the particulars of your Judge and ICE Attorney as understanding the everchanging laws that affect your eligibility to remain in the United States. And while all cases are different, our firm has appeared in the toughest courtrooms in this country, has represented individuals both detained and non-detained, and has negotiated favorable outcomes with ICE. We have experience in bond proceedings, cases for cancellation of removal, asylum, adjustment of status before the court, and have successfully argued for termination of removal proceedings.
- Waivers: There are times when a person might be otherwise eligible for an immigration benefit, but they have a criminal, deportation, fraud, or unlawful presence concern that presents a roadblock. For these issues, our firm has successfully obtained waivers for those abroad, for clients in removal proceedings, provisional waivers for those in the United States before they ever depart, and for nonimmigrants. The key to success in these cases is understanding what makes your factors unique, and through experience we are able to bring to light and narrate the special circumstances in your case to help persuade the adjudicator.
- Appeals and Litigation: We understand that not having certainty in your status due to long delays or a denial can be stressful and daunting. Our firm handles appeals and litigation of immigration matters at all levels from administrative review processes to federal appellate courts, including Writs of Mandamus, naturalization delay litigation, and Petitions for Review to the Federal Circuit Courts of negative decisions by immigration agencies. We are not afraid to appeal wrong decisions or sue the government to seek the just treatment your case deserves.
Thanks to Heidi and her team’s creative and unwavering efforts.
“Having just graduated from undergrad, I was told an O-1 was difficult if not impossible. And sure enough, the 1st O-1 prepared by another attorney was denied. I decided to try again, and Heidi helped pitch my young age as a plus in persuading USCIS that all my accomplishments at such a young age should weigh in favor of finding that my talent is extraordinary. My O-1 was approved, thanks to Heidi and her team’s creative and unwavering efforts.”
Even after approval, Heidi has continued to offer her consul and advice.
“I had read on my own about L-1A vs L-1B and was nervous that my title didn't fit L-1A. I wanted to be transferring to the U.S. on L-1A instead of L-1B because of the possibility for EB1-3 category for greencard process. I went through multiple back and forths with the HR trying to get clarification. Then, Heidi joined a call and calmly explained and reassured me that she would present the facts in the best light possible so that the U.S. Embassy in India (one of the most stringent posts) would agree that I qualified for L-1A. I had another interview prep meeting where Heidi welcomed all my questions and continued to dispel my fears. In fact, at the end of the meeting, I felt prepared and more confident than ever. I attended the interview and my L-1A visa was approved. I am even more impressed that even after approval, Heidi has continued to offer her consul and advice, always available for my endless concerns. Thank you, Heidi.”
Heidi and her team supported me throughout the entire process.
“I had the worst luck with H-1B CAP petitions with 2 denials even after making the lottery. To try to increase my odds, I even completed 2 U.S. master degrees and was working on a 3rd one. Thankfully, I found another company willing to sponsor me and try for the H-1B lottery again. Heidi and her team supported me throughout the entire process, including preparing and responding to a very difficult RFE. I couldn't believe it, but I was now in H-1B status! Unfortunately, after a couple of years, I was laid off; but Heidi was again there to help me. During my grace period as I searched for another sponsor, Heidi provided her most honest advice on the various options, especially being cognizant of the implications that my choices may have for future greencard application. She would say, "I know this is probably not what you want to hear, and I understand it is frustrating and disappointing, but I wanted to fully disclose everything to you, so that you can make the best decision for yourself." I really appreciated her candor and professionalism.”
They always considered our company's and employees' interest first.
“Heidi and her team took utmost care to prepare our Research Scientists' EB1-2 Outstanding Researcher petitions in the best light possible, making sure to provide a complete list of evidence needed and following up often to ensure that the petitions are submitted on a timely basis. Due to their efforts, the greencard petitions were quickly approved, usually without any RFE. I really appreciated that they always considered our company's and employees' interest first. Thank you.”
Heidi was not only knowledgeable but super patient in explaining every step.
“I had just graduated with a Masters in Architecture from Columbia University and on OPT status. Heidi made the nerve-wracking process of going through the entire H-1B Cap lottery process seem easy. She was especially patient in explaining and guiding my sponsoring architectural firm who had never sponsored an H-1B visa before. I really appreciated Heidi's confidence and professionalism. After obtaining my H-1B, Heidi also helped with my greencard application. My architectural firm had never sponsored a foreign national for a greencard before. Heidi was not only knowledgeable but super patient in explaining every step. She always made herself available answering all my questions and my HR manager's questions quickly and thoughtfully. Heidi made my immigration experience seem easy and I didn't have to stress as I knew I was in good hands. I would recommend Heidi wholeheartedly.”
Our law office in Silver Spring , Maryland routinely handles immigration matters throughout the country, and our legal team possesses diverse and extensive experience across the full spectrum of immigration matters. When you choose our firm to represent you, our friendly legal professionals will take extra time to get to know you so we can become familiar with your unique situation and devise a comprehensive legal strategy that suits your needs.
We are a full service immigration firm with experience in all types of cases.
You will receive an honest and detailed assessment from us about your case.
We advocate for you and take the time to truly understand your needs.
You will be matched with the team who is best suited for your individual case.
Request Your Consultation With Our Silver Spring Lawyers Today
If you are searching for compassionate and reliable guidance from experienced immigration lawyers, then please don’t hesitate to contact Murray Osorio PLLC so we can assist you in navigating the immigration process. We are committed to providing each of our clients with top-notch legal counsel, and we are prepared to put our firm’s extensive resources to work for you.
If you have questions about any aspect of the immigration process, then please call (240) 202-1566 today or contact our law firm online to request a case consultation with one of our immigration attorneys.