National Full-Service Immigration Lawyers in Virginia
Skilled, Passionate Legal Representation and Help with USCIS in Fairfax, VA
Murray Osorio is driven by a passion for using our knowledge of the law and extensive experience to help our clients with their immigration needs, whatever they may be: to bring and keep families together from across the world, obtain permanent safety in the United States, and help businesses acquire and retain qualified and valued employees.
If you need help with USCIS in Fairfax, VA, give us a call today.
Types of Immigration Cases Our Fairfax Team Handles
We take on the full spectrum of immigration cases, no matter how complex they might be. Our comprehensive immigration services include:
- Family-Based Immigration: It can be lengthy and complicated to sponsor a family member to come to or remain in the United States. Many spouses, parents, children, and siblings of U.S. citizens and legal permanent residents have a pathway towards a green card. Whether your family member is in the United States or abroad, we have experience before USCIS offices nationwide and at consulates all over the world, and understand the nuances to guide your case smoothly. For help with USCIS in Fairfax, VA, give us a call today.
- Employment-Based Permanent Residence: We help companies and workers navigate the labor certification and permanent residence processes. There are a variety of pathways that workers and companies can use to obtain permanent residence. The options including petitioning for: immigrants with extraordinary ability; outstanding professors and researchers; multinational managers and executives; professionals with advanced degrees; skilled and unskilled workers; investors; and ministers of religion. Our experience enables us to evaluate each case to determine the best path forward to achieve the highest likelihood of success.
- Asylum & Humanitarian Cases: Through our personal and professional experience, our attorneys understand the difficult journey and courage it takes to seek protection. Immigrants who have a sincere fear of persecution in their home country can petition for asylum in the U.S. Victims of crimes, domestic violence, or trafficking may be eligible for VAWA, a U visa, or T visa. We know the stakes are high and work to ensure your full story is told.
- Business Immigration: Companies and professionals often need to enter the United States for a project, to manage a company, or for an event. We assist companies with H-1B visas for their professional workers and with L-1 visas to transfer personnel to the U.S. We help immigrants who want to start or invest in U.S.-based businesses to receive E-2 visas. For people with outstanding ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics, our firm is able to obtain O-1 visas. With such a variety of options, our firm is able to help clients understand and navigate the best path to the U.S.
- Citizenship: Becoming a citizen is one of the most important choices a family can make. Whether this is achieved through naturalization, by deriving citizenship from birth, or acquiring citizenship through a parent, we understand the complex laws governing eligibility. We zealously represent each claim and ensure that our legal advice is thorough and comprehensive.
- Deportation Defense: In our immigration system, the likelihood of success depends just as much on navigating the particulars of your Judge and ICE Attorney as understanding the everchanging laws that affect your eligibility to remain in the United States. And while all cases are different, our firm has appeared in the toughest courtrooms in this country, has represented individuals both detained and non-detained, and has negotiated favorable outcomes with ICE. We have experience in bond proceedings, cases for cancellation of removal, asylum, adjustment of status before the court, and have successfully argued for termination of removal proceedings.
- Waivers: There are times when a person might be otherwise eligible for an immigration benefit, but they have a criminal, deportation, fraud, or unlawful presence concern that presents a roadblock. For these issues, our firm has successfully obtained waivers for those abroad, for clients in removal proceedings, provisional waivers for those in the United States before they ever depart, and for nonimmigrants. The key to success in these cases is understanding what makes your factors unique, and through experience we are able to bring to light and narrate the special circumstances in your case to help persuade the adjudicator.
- Appeals and Litigation: We understand that not having certainty in your status due to long delays or a denial can be stressful and daunting. Our firm handles appeals and litigation of immigration matters at all levels from administrative review processes to federal appellate courts, including Writs of Mandamus, naturalization delay litigation, and Petitions for Review to the Federal Circuit Courts of negative decisions by immigration agencies. We are not afraid to appeal wrong decisions or sue the government to seek the just treatment your case deserves.
We Value Our Clients
The attorney… was very friendly
“The attorney… was very friendly and open to questions, providing great insights and making immigration much less intimidating”
always offered our organization with the utmost professionalism
“The team… has always offered our organization with the utmost professionalism. They continually give us updates and recaps of ongoing cases and we greatly appreciate the attentiveness they provide to our company.”
Thanks to Heidi and her team’s creative and unwavering efforts.
“Having just graduated from undergrad, I was told an O-1 was difficult if not impossible. And sure enough, the 1st O-1 prepared by another attorney was denied. I decided to try again, and Heidi helped pitch my young age as a plus in persuading USCIS that all my accomplishments at such a young age should weigh in favor of finding that my talent is extraordinary. My O-1 was approved, thanks to Heidi and her team’s creative and unwavering efforts.”
Even after approval, Heidi has continued to offer her consul and advice.
“I had read on my own about L-1A vs L-1B and was nervous that my title didn't fit L-1A. I wanted to be transferring to the U.S. on L-1A instead of L-1B because of the possibility for EB1-3 category for greencard process. I went through multiple back and forths with the HR trying to get clarification. Then, Heidi joined a call and calmly explained and reassured me that she would present the facts in the best light possible so that the U.S. Embassy in India (one of the most stringent posts) would agree that I qualified for L-1A. I had another interview prep meeting where Heidi welcomed all my questions and continued to dispel my fears. In fact, at the end of the meeting, I felt prepared and more confident than ever. I attended the interview and my L-1A visa was approved. I am even more impressed that even after approval, Heidi has continued to offer her consul and advice, always available for my endless concerns. Thank you, Heidi.”
Heidi and her team supported me throughout the entire process.
“I had the worst luck with H-1B CAP petitions with 2 denials even after making the lottery. To try to increase my odds, I even completed 2 U.S. master degrees and was working on a 3rd one. Thankfully, I found another company willing to sponsor me and try for the H-1B lottery again. Heidi and her team supported me throughout the entire process, including preparing and responding to a very difficult RFE. I couldn't believe it, but I was now in H-1B status! Unfortunately, after a couple of years, I was laid off; but Heidi was again there to help me. During my grace period as I searched for another sponsor, Heidi provided her most honest advice on the various options, especially being cognizant of the implications that my choices may have for future greencard application. She would say, "I know this is probably not what you want to hear, and I understand it is frustrating and disappointing, but I wanted to fully disclose everything to you, so that you can make the best decision for yourself." I really appreciated her candor and professionalism.”
Immigration Updates & Announcements
On March 7, 2013, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (“USCIS”) updated its policy to allow for mobile biometrics collection for individuals living in remote locations who cannot attend ...Read More
As the Biden Administration prepares for the end the public health emergency for the COVID-19 pandemic on May 11, 2023, this likely signals the end of Title 42 at the border, a policy used to expel ...Read More
On February 21, 2023, the Biden Administration announced a new notice of proposed rulemaking that is set to take effect on May 11, 2023, the date when existing COVID measures at the southern border ...Read More
We Strive to Develop a Special Connection With Our Clients
We have a reputation among not just our clients, but also with the courts and immigration offices we serve in, for our perseverance, compassion, and success. Our team takes the extra time to get to know each client and become familiar with their unique situation so we can customize the legal strategy to their specific needs and immigration goals. With our decades of experience and attentive, client-focused approach, you can feel confident that we will find the right legal solutions for your important immigration matters.
We are a full service immigration firm with experience in all types of cases.
You will receive an honest and detailed assessment from us about your case.
We advocate for you and take the time to truly understand your needs.
You will be matched with the team who is best suited for your individual case.
Meet the Murray Osorio Team
Consult With a Fairfax Immigration Lawyer for Help with USCIS in Fairfax, VA Today!
Our compassionate and friendly legal team at Murray Osorio knows that navigating the immigration process by yourself can be a difficult and overwhelming task. That is why we are here to guide you, help with USCIS in Fairfax, VA, and provide the top-notch legal counsel you need to protect your best interests. We represent and counsel individuals, families, employers, investors, and business owners in Fairfax, throughout Virginia, and nationwide.
If you or a family member have questions about the immigration process, then please call (703) 952-3275 today or contact us online to schedule a consultation with one of our experienced attorneys.