Jack Goodman is an attorney in Murray Osorio’s immigration litigation practice area. Jack primarily practices before U.S. District Courts, U.S. Courts of Appeals, immigration courts, and the Board of Immigration Appeals. He represents his clients in a wide range of immigration matters, including asylum, cancellation of removal, petitions for writs of habeas corpus, writs of mandamus, and lawsuits under the Administrative Procedure Act. Jack also represents immigrant juveniles to help them obtain lawful permanent residence through Special Immigrant Juvenile Status.
Jack, a native of North Carolina, received his undergraduate degree summa cum laude from the West Virginia University Honors College. While in college, Jack served in the Army National Guard as a field artillery ammunition specialist. He completed his Juris Doctor at the George Mason University School of Law. Prior to law school, Jack lived abroad in Tampere, Finland, where he learned to connect with people on a personal level across language and cultural barriers. Jack firmly believes that every person has the right to live where they choose and is dedicated to helping his clients secure the immigration relief they deserve.
- Commonwealth of Virginia
- Fourth Circuit, U.S. Court of Appeals
- Ninth Circuit, U.S. Court of Appeals
- Eleventh Circuit, U.S. Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court for Western District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court for the District of Nebraska
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York
- 2020 George Mason University School of Law, J.D.
- 2017 West Virginia University Honors College, B.A. Summa Cum Laude
- Washington, D.C. Chapter of AILA
- Fairfax Bar Association
- EAD Delay Litigation Roundtable (Panelist) – AILA D.C. Webinar series 2022
- “Addressing Delay the Procedural Way: Compelling Government Action through the Administrative Procedure Act and mandamus” (Panelist) – AILA D.C. Chapter Fall Conference 2022
Jack enjoys playing golf, going to rock concerts, trying funky wines, and traveling. He has traveled to over a dozen countries and has placed in a few golf tournaments, but Jack’s claim to fame is still winning a pie eating contest at a local fair over 20 years ago.